Lucketts Travel – a QlikView case study
This family-owned business, which is celebrating its 90th anniversary this year, is committed to continuous innovation. At QGate, we are proud to help them achieve that and maintain their leading position.
Introducing Lucketts Travel
- Customer: Lucketts Travel
- Industry: Coach & Bus
- Foundation: 1926
- Annual sales: 21 million
- Implemented technology: Business Intelligence – QlikView
Lucketts Travel provides transport solutions for holidaymakers, day-trippers and corporate clients of all descriptions. In the last few years, the business has undergone a technological transformation far beyond what most people would expect from a business in this sector, but it is helping Lucketts Travel stay ahead of the competition.
- Having to pull together large volumes of data from internal and external sources and manually transposing into one report.
- Unable to manipulate data from different systems making it difficult to analyse trends for planning and forecasting.
- Poor measurement and visibility of performance across the whole business.
- Meeting compliance, customer service and operations requirements necessary to win bigger contracts and stay ahead of the competition.
“We go to QGate for help on the information we want to produce, they ask why we want the information and what we are trying to achieve. They challenge us to ensure what we are asking for will add value and in doing so contributed to our business. QGate is more than a solution provider; they are astute, capable and have taken the time to understand our business.” Ian Luckett, Managing Director, Lucketts Travel
Lucketts Travel deployed QlikView in 2013 to 10 employees. They are using QlikView to link pockets of data to provide a consolidated view of the business so that they can measure their KPI’s and make more informed and cost-saving decisions.
The key factors that led Lucketts Travel to select QlikView were its ease of use, intuitive interface and ability to import data from other sources. Value for money and ease of implementation were two other features that prompted them to opt for QlikView.
“QlikView has helped Lucketts Travel to get a better understanding of the data produced. Transforming pockets of meaningful business intelligence has helped us to learn more about what makes the business tick.” Ian Luckett, Managing Director, Lucketts Travel
As a direct result of implementing QlikView, Lucketts have:
- Achieved savings in excess of £15,000 in staffing hours in 2 years.
- Projected savings of £30,000 in staffing hours per annum over next 2 years.
- Improved visibility of business performance by measuring KPI’s.
- Gained real insights into business to make more informed and accurate decisions.
But Lucketts has bigger plans for this solution. “We are only 60% along the process with this project. When we’re further down the line, our aim is to ‘touch’ all staff with QlikView, whether they have a licence or they have sight of a display that has data on it.” Ian Luckett, Managing Director, Lucketts Travel
Screenshot created with mock-up data
Want to know more?
If you want to learn more about Lucketts Travel, please visit their website.