QGate’s CRM Readiness Assessment will help you find out
Published Date: January 2019
The CRM Readiness Assessment is one of the tools designed by QGate for the first stage in our CRM Success Program – Preparation. The CRM Success Program consists of 9 steps for a successful CRM project. Full details on this program can be found in the What is the CRM Success Program? blog article.
What is the CRM Readiness Assessment?
The CRM Readiness Assessment tool is a short assessment providing
We ask a series of multiple-choice questions which will enable a benchmark to be established of where you are in terms of your readiness to commence a CRM implementation.
Upon completion a free report will be emailed to you detailing what information you and your organisation need to focus on gathering (and documenting) in order to start your CRM implementation journey. Enabling you to credibly and confidently discuss your requirements with any CRM vendor.
This should take no longer than 10 mins to complete, which we believe to be a worthwhile time investment no matter where you are in your CRM journey.
Why use the CRM Readiness Assessment?
The CRM Readiness Assessment tool has 2 key objectives:
1. To provide you with an assessment of where your organisation is in terms of readiness for starting a CRM implementation.
2. Provide step by step guidance and recommended free tools recommended (and how to do it) in preparation for your CRM project.
Put simply, it will get you started on the first steps of your CRM implementation journey and help you continue to the next phases.
How do I complete the CRM Readiness Assessment?
The questions are categorised into 5 sections:
- About you
Answer each question to best of your knowledge using the below guide for the answers.
- Completed or yes – means you know exactly what is required and have the answer to the question documented and ready to share with a vendor
- In progress – you know what is required and are currently documenting it
- Not started or No – you know what is required but you have yet documented it
- Don’t know – you don’t know the answer to the question and no work has been done on it
- Not Applicable – this requirement is not applicable to your CRM implementation
If you are in any doubt of your answer, then select ‘Not started’ or ‘No’ as this will provide further information in the report to help you decide if it’s appropriate or not.
At the end of each section, you will have the opportunity to ask us for further assistance as required.
“This readiness check is seriously impressive. I’ve not seen anything like this from any other provider. Credit to you and the team, I can see this as a huge value add” –Amanda Sokell, Business Mentor
Ready to give it a go?
Written by Alastair Jupp, Business Analyst
If you have any questions or want help in using any part of the CRM Success Program and