There a few different ways for your users to access your Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM. Along with the main first party app licenses like Sales Professional (£49 per user per month) and Customer Service Enterprise (£71.60 per user per month), organisations can also benefit from cheaper subscriptions to enable system use for some of their ‘lighter’ users.
For example, a Dynamics 365 Team Member license comes in at just £6 per user per month, and a Power App license starts at an even more cost effective £3.80 per app per month.
You might be thinking, “great, I can save lots of money by putting everyone on Team Member licences”, but before you do, it’s important to understand the limitations of each type of subscription. The devil, as they say, is very much in the detail.
The Microsoft Dynamics 365 Team Member and Power App Licenses we’ll be looking at are:
- Dynamics 365 Team Member
- Power App Per App Per User
- Power App Per User
- Power App Pay As You Go
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Team Member and Power App License Attributes
License Overviews and Capabilities
Dynamics 365 Team Member License
A Team Member can use the app for their own use and not for activities on behalf of others. They can do the following:
- Create, read, update, and delete contacts, activities, and notes
- Update their own employee information
- Record time, materials, and expenses
- Approve time, expenses, materials, and invoices
- User reporting and dashboards
- Participate as a consumer of Dynamics 365 services, such as responding to surveys
- Make use of the Dynamics 365 App for Outlook
A Team Member license also grants the user rights to the following for Finance Supply Chain, Commerce, Human Resources and Project Operations:
- Record or approve time, expenses, and invoices
- Create requisitions
- Create or edit items related to quality control and departmental budgets
- Manage their own employee information
- Manage Human Resources activities for direct employees or those reporting up through the user’s
- reporting chain
- Use Human Resources Self Service functionality (where Human Resources is licensed by the organisation)
This license allows access to a single UCI Application. If a user attempts to connect to another application Microsoft has warned that they will be shown an error stating: –
“Invalid License: This app requires a license and you don’t have the appropriate license to access this app. Please contact your administrator to get the appropriate license assigned, as per details provided.”
Team Member Apps may be tailored minimally, as you are granted the ability to add 15 additional entities to the app, (on top of any entity that comes with the app).
Although Team Members may still be able to access the legacy web client, it is not supported. This is the entire site map which is deprecated and could lead to some code or functionality not working as expected.
Power App Per App Per User
Each license allows a user to run and access one custom Power App with full capabilities.
- Can run 1 app or portal
- Can connect to data
- Can store and manage data (utilise Dataverse, create and access custom tables, access restricted D365 tables, use cloud flows and business process flows
- Each license grants 50MB Database capacity
- Each license grants 400MB File capacity
- Each license grants 250 AI Builder service credits
- Each license grants 6,000 API requests per 24 hours
Power App Per User
Allows a user to run and access unlimited Power App applications with full capabilities.
- Can run Unlimited Power Apps and Portals.
- Can connect to data
- Can store and manage data (utilise Dataverse, create and access custom tables, access restricted D365 tables, use cloud flows and business process flows.)
- Each license grants 250MB Database capacity
- Each License grants 2GB File capacity.
- Each license grants 500 AI Builder service credits
- Each License grants 40,000 API requests per 24 hours
Power App Pay-As-You-Go
This option changes your environment to a pay-as-you-go service. This means that users can access applications as and when they need them, and you will only be billed for the resources used.
|Power Apps per-app per user||£7.45 / month|
|Database usage above 1GB||£30.20 per GB / month|
|File Storage usage above 1GB||£1.50 per GB / month|
|Log usage||£7.50 per GB / month|
|Power Platform Requests 6,000 per user/app/day |
|£0.00004 per request/day above the daily limit|
- Find out more about Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Book a Discovery Call to discuss your project and answer your questions