The Customer Service Admin Centre is a new app (currently in preview) that consolidates and simplifies the admin experience for Customer Service Hub and Omnichannel for Customer Service, as all settings and configuration are now available in this one app.
The options you see will vary depending on what you have provisioned in your environment, some are only available if Omnichannel and Unified Routing are available\configured, details provided are from an environment without these available and only relate to core customer service.
The app is split into three main areas, Customer support, Agent experience and Operations. Each has a home page providing an overview of the capabilities and options to manage from there.
Customer support overview
Provide cross-channel support to customers on issues with user management, workstreams, queues, routing, case settings and customer settings.
- User management – Manage agents and their skills, capacity, and roles.
- Queues – Organise, prioritise, and monitor the progress of your work.
- Routing – Use routing rules to route work items to the right agents at the right time, without any manual intervention.
- Case settings – Organise your cases to improve agent productivity and efficiency
Agent experience overview
Create targeted app experiences for agents and other users by customizing agent experience profiles with specific templates. Then enhance these workspaces with productivity tools that put the content and capabilities they need at their fingertips.
- Workspaces – Customise app experiences for agents and supervisors.
- Productivity – Empower agents to help resolve customer issues quickly.
- Knowledge – Help users and customers find solutions to common problems.
Leverage data, analytics, AI, and other tools to improve agent and customer experiences.
- Insights – View historical operational metrics, real time metrics, and AI capabilities
- Calendar – Define when your service or support team is available for providing support to customers
- Service Terms – Track support policies and ensure customers are being supported per the policy to which they are entitled.
- Service Scheduling – Plan and schedule service activities for your customers by bringing together all your resources.
This looks to be a very useful new addition as a one stop shop for all customer service related admin and config. The intention is for this app to replace existing instances in time, as noted below from Microsoft.
After Customer service admin center becomes generally available, we will leave some time for customers to get familiar with it and provide feedback. This new app will coexist with the existing admin experience. We’ll then announce the deprecation of the existing admin experience in Customer Service Hub, Omnichannel admin center, and app profile manager. We recommend that you start using this app for the seamless benefits it offers.