|Summary:||An article to describe how to resolve issues with the Infor CRM (Saleslogix) Connection Manager|
|Article Type:||Troubleshooting / Support / Issue Resolution|
|Related Product(s):||This article relates to the following products:
When trying to connect Infor CRM (Saleslogix) to a SQL v.2008 (or above) database it does not save the password.
Therefore the connections in Infor CRM (Saleslogix) Connection Manager is also not saved.
Once a database is restored you need to create a connection. To do this you need to:
1) Open Infor CRM (Saleslogix) Connection Manager and click add. Ensure you name it appropriately to reference the connection
2) Select the relevant Native client to use
3) Complete the relevant details
4) Test the connections, then exit the Connection Manager
5) When trying to create a datalink on the client machine the database will not connect
To resolve this issue:
1) Go to the Connection Manager, and go into the connection you created as above.
The ‘Blank password’ will be ticked and the password field will be blank.
2) Remove the tick from the ‘Blank password’ box and enter the appropriate password.
3) Go to the ‘All’ tab and ensure the Property Value for the ‘Persist Security Info’ is set to TRUE
4) Reset the Property Value for the ‘Integrated Security’ then select OK
5) Return to the ‘Connection’ tab and select ‘Test Connection.’ A ‘Test Connection Succeeded’ message should appear.
6. Go to the client and re-try the DataLink to confirm this now connects correctly.